Risk assessment is a process that allows the manufacturer to determine the risk of a machine in accordance with the principles laid down in the PN-EN 14121-1 standard. End users of machines also decide to carry out a risk assessment in order to determine whether the machine complies with the applicable requirements. As the result of the assessment is a list of recommendations, the employer learns what needs to be modified in the given machine.
All safety-related control functions are realized on the programmable safety module Pilz MultiPNOZ m2p ETH.
The components of a risk assessment are:
- machine description,
- restrictions on the use of the machine,
- hazard identification,
- estimation of the risks arising from the hazards,
- risk analysis,
- description of risk reduction measures,
- reassessment and risk evaluation,
- verification of available machine documentation,
- recommendations and information on residual risk.